Thank you much for stopping by!
The Greater China Journal is a fully independent website about China, Hong Kong and Taiwan. I publish in-depth articles about the history, society and culture of the Chinese-speaking world, as well as news that is not covered in the mainstream media.
I use the term “Greater China” as a synonym for the Chinese-speaking areas of East Asia and it is in no way intended as an endorsement of a political notion of China as a state.
If you enjoy my work, you can support me with a donation on my Ko-fi page.
Alternatively, you can check out some of my books and book recommendations in the affiliate links below.
You may like
- Breeze of a Spring Evening and Other Stories, by Yu Dafu.
- The Adventure of Urashima Taro, by Aris Teon.
- Chinese Civilization: A Sourcebook, by Patricia Buckley Ebrey.
- The Age of Confucian Rule: The Song Transformation of China, by Dieter Kuhn.
- The World Turned Upside Down: A History of the Chinese Cultural Revolution, by Jisheng Yang.
- Craven A and other Stories, by Mu Shiying.
- We Have Been Harmonized: Life in China’s Surveillance State, by Kai Strittmatter.
- How to Be a Dictator: The Cult of Personality in the Twentieth Century, by Frank Dikötter.
- The Emperor’s New Road: China and the Project of the Century, by Jonathan E. Hillman.
- The Oil Vendor and the Queen of Flowers, by Feng Menglong.
- The Invention of China, by Bill Hayton.
- Making China Modern: From the Great Qing to Xi Jinping, by Klaus Mühlhahn.
- The Third Revolution: Xi Jinping and the New Chinese State, by Elizabeth C. Economy.